Thursday, July 12, 2007



Beyond sea kayaking. What an adventure. As a first year guide our guide trip was my first full week trip with my fellow guides. It was a phenomenal week. There were many points at which I was challenged both physically and spiritually. Paddling along the inlet I was filled with awe at the creation around me. The massive mountains rising from the depths of the sea; the cascading waterfalls falling thousands of feet to be lost in the water that kisses the base of the mountains; the swell of the ocean tides, the life found all around: the eagles of the sky, the seals of the sea, the bears along the shore. What an amazing expression of our creator. I was reminded throughout the week of what an awesome God we serve and how great He is, beyond our comprehension. What a blessing it is to be here in this place.

Elisa Halemier 1st year Sea Kayaking guide

1 comment:

jvoeller said...

I am glad to hear you had a great training and the summer is off and running. The kayaking program is near and dear to my heart as I began working with it when it was just an idea that God had give us and spent the first 3 summers of it's existence both guiding and leading the program. I think of you often and pray for your summer minsitry.

Jeff Voeller