Sunday, January 2, 2011

Journal Entry August, 18, 2010

A Prayer from the Summit:

Week 8: JJ Summit after a 5am sunrise glacier crossing and climb, 8am mountain mexi mocha and granola/fig celebration breakfast
.
"Tears at the top after a treacherous trek on our ropes and up the ice that has yet to melt.
Lord, I can't take one more step but with you all things are possible, please help as I look to you for help, my prayers are heard.
One more step is provided every time in our daily manna on the ice and abundant life on this trip. Lord, I pray to journey closer to you, open to you and yielding to you.
May my life be a response.
You are the creator of majestic mountains, giver of undeserving love and grace that cost your life.
You are God and I am not; grant more childlike faith and less prideful plans.
I brought a rock to represent my pride...of liking my ideas and putting up walls when you try to change me.
I try to be God and I am not.
May I live to love you and love others in your will...
Your mountains come alive; the map comes alive as I walk in your mountains.
May you come alive in me and our lives as we walk closer to you." 


Rachel Longton

No comments: