Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh the Things We Learn



A big THANK YOU to all who participated in Beyond this past summer! Last week, Jenny (Head cook, 2008 and Guide, 2009-2010) went through all of your participant evaluations to see what you had to say about your week long adventure. It is truly amazing the impact that God has made in each one of you. One of the questions that you were asked was, “What did you learn from your trip that you can use in situations back home?”

Here is what you said:
  • “I learned about perseverance. And that God rewards those who faithfully persevere. There were so many times I wanted just to go home but I knew I had to keep going and it was so worth it in the end.”
  • “God has provided people in my life that will help me even when I won’t help myself.”
  • “So much – I can’t write it all down. But I am going to reach out, pray about and follow God in my community of women.”
  • “I learned to take initiative while serving others. And I really learned how to love others sacrificially.”
  • “God will never leave or forsake me, ever! And because of that, I can take on whatever comes my way with God.”
  • “Life can be lived wonderfully and simply.”
  • “It’s okay to ask questions and still be a believer.” 
  • “I feel better in knowing a group of teenage Christian girls because normally I feel very alone.
  • “I learned to pursue people the way God wants to pursue me. I want to allow people to see more of me, and open up.”
  • “I learned what is actually important in life. I learned tolet go of things, including pent up emotions and insecurities. I learned to seek answers, to learn peoples’ stories before judging them, to forgive…and so much more.”
  • “The entire climb paralleled life for me and all its challenges. So I will always use the strength I learned here in life.”
  • “God is faithful and it takes me deciding that I am just going to keep walking through the crap till I get in the clear and see God.”
  • “The trip had me reflect on what I believe, question God’s existence and love, learn why I want to be a Christian, and learn about Christ-centered relationships.” 
  • “There is so much beauty in the scars because they are an integral/joyful part of the journey.” 
  • “Nothing will be as challenging back home as climbing mountains.”
Thanks for sharing with us, and thank you for everything you taught us this summer!

1 comment:

Mattias said...

Awesome stuff-- thanks for sharing this. It demonstrates the value of outdoor ministry!