Monday, March 8, 2010

The Adventures of Eight Women

I heard about Beyond from a friend.  My sister and I have been doing adventure holidays for awhile now, and this looked like an adventure we really wanted to experience.  So we worked at trying to get a group together.  Unfortunately it wasn't going too well, but with the creative assistance from Beyond, we managed to add three women from Minnesota to our group bring us to 6.  With the guides we had 8 and were good to go.

I loved the times of sharing, because we were an all women group, the intimacy was great.  Everyone felt good opening up and maybe sharing some details about themselves that they had never shared before. 

I really felt the accomplishment when we reached the peak.  It was incredible!  The time of prayer looking out at the mountains surrounding us was breathtaking!  For me personally the trip was a great opportunity and accomplishment as I had just recently had surgery for cancer and had just finished my radiation treatments just before leaving for the hike.  I had wondered if I would be able to do the hike, would I be strong enough?  I had seen some women who were not doing so good during their treatments.  But God blessed me richly, I am cured and blessed to have been able to participate in this incredible hike with my sister and niece and get to know some new friends from Minnesota as well as our guides.  Friends not only for that season, but to enjoy as friends going into the future. 

I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to participate and experience this hike for myself, my sister and I felt like this could be our Everest, and it lived up to our expectations and exceeded it in ways we never thought to imagine. 

Thanks to all of you that work in this incredible ministry, it was such a blessing to us!

Madelaine Snell
Beyond Malibu Trip 2009

No comments: