Friday, December 11, 2009

“The Hardest Thing I’ve Ever Done”

By Jill, a participant from Lynden, WA


I would say that the hardest part for me was definitely the first day when I literally thought I wouldn't be able to make it and realizing there was no way of getting out. Then each day, even though nothing really got incredibly easier, God gave me strength to meet each challenge at the perfect time I needed it. There is no way you can't feel His presence when being surrounded solely by His beautiful and amazing nature. Seeing all that beauty and realizing that God called that good - and me great, is still incomprehensible to me. It was by far the hardest thing I've ever done physically, mentally, and spiritually and one of the best experiences I have ever had. I would not trade that week for anything.

No comments: