Thursday, July 30, 2015

Waiting Expectantly

Waiting expectantly does not mean sitting back and watching God answer prayers exactly how I imagine them. To wait expectantly I have learned, is to die to the idea that I know what is best for me and have faith and anticipation for all that God has for me, regardless of what I ask. Waiting expectantly has taught me to loosen my plans for the week, and embrace the unknown with a new found confidence in God’s promises. 
We spend days before the trip reading about our participants, planning spiritual content to best address their group goals, figuring out how far to hike, when the rappel will happen, and which night we will have our “mexi meal.”  When I wait expectantly and turn my palms open to all of the uncertainty of guiding at Beyond, I am comforted by the thought of the thousands of other believers who have been standing exactly in my boots. Standing at the crossroads of self preservation and self abandonment into life to the full. 
“For the Lord himself goes before you and he will be with you, he will never leave you, nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged.” Please pray that we may all find time in our mornings to wait expectantly and to enter boldly into the fear and adventure of trusting Jesus with every detail and request of our lives, believing that He is always with us and is using all the elements of His creation to have us draw nearer to Him. Even if it makes us wildly uncomfortable. 
To Him be the Glory. Go Beyond.


- Adam Iverson 

2 comments:

Rita said...

Beautifully stated! Love Mom. 😊

Laura Iverson said...

"using all the elements."

Love you so much.