Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Reflections from an overnight solo.


From one of our participants. He wrote a couple poems while we did an overnight solo.

"Eternity"
Time stands still in this place
I feel like I could live an Eternity in this moment I try to comprehend the love of a God who created this wonderland My soul whispers words of gratitude for a chance to be set free in this wilderness For I am a man who came up here to find himself amongst the giants and the stars Instead, God found me, perched high upon this cliff

"Beauty"
I can't believe I am here
Is this a dream?
The sky is painted with unimaginable beauty My eyes scan, skipping from place to place attempting to absorb this creation In my mind I seek the captivating mystery of this place Everywhere I look I see the perfect glory of God I am privileged to be a part of this living masterpiece For this is a wild and unforgiving land, yet more beautiful than anything I have ever seen.

Anonymous





No comments: